Monday, November 18, 2013

Hello Monday!

Whew.  I don't have anything Huge to write, but I thought I'd just talk about all of the different things happening.  I'm going to number because it'll be easier to gather my thoughts. :)

1. The boys have transitioned very well to sharing a room.  I think Jadon enjoys the fact that Joshua hangs out with him a little bit, but is mainly focused on Benjamin.  He goes up to his top bunk and passes out well before Joshua and Ben fall asleep.  The last two nights we've discovered Joshua asleep in Ben's crib.  I just move him.  Whatever it takes to get them to be peaceful and GO TO SLEEP. lol



2. I'm actually having a hard time with this life change.  I thought it would be easier, but it's not!  I can't seem to grasp the idea that I "get" to eat healthy.  All I feel is that I'm losing out on what I want to eat.  I'm really at a loss for what I'm going to do when we're gone two weeks to visit friends and family.  I'm still struggling finding a salad dressing that I like.  It might be easier if everyone else was eating this way, but I feel guilty pushing it on them.  Jason is being VERY helpful!  He's making bread I can eat.  He's growing water keifer, kamboonchoo (spelling?), and helping me ferment milk keifer with cinnamon to see if I can find a taste I actually want to drink. lol  The boys liked lemonade water keifer!  I think I've hit a rut.  I need to continue to explore more options.  I'm starting to get lazy and eat the same things.  It's making me miss food I can't eat.

3. I haven't had a smoothie for a week.  I gave up drinking them because I was so disappointed the company, Greek God, doubled the sugar content in all of their products.  There terrible decision means I can't eat any of their yogurt!  I didn't eat much.  I would add 1-2 spoonfuls to my smoothies.  It was delicious.  I was unable to make a smoothie that tasted as good without it.  However, my BRILLIANT husband added a little bit of raw honey to my smoothie and it was GREAT!!!  He found the KEY to a tasteful smoothie!  Hope. lol

4. I'm temping every morning.  I'll report the findings on Friday.  My highest temp has been 96.0.  I wonder if that means my thyroid is messed up?  I dunno.  Taking 3 Cerenity is helping a little bit.  I think.  Maybe?  I don't know!  I start my progesterone again on Thursday.

5. Small group was nice on Sunday.  I really like Kim and Ronnie.  They really seem to love us.  I'm amazed at their thoughtfulness.  She used oat flour to fry the meat, made me cookies I could eat, and made gravy that was safe.  Plus she had yummy green beans with bacon as a side.  It's rare to find someone who is so supportive.  The alexanders (love them too) brought a homemade chocolate pumpkin cake.  It looked divine.  I sat at the tale trying to ignore the elephant in the room when Kim told me she made me my cookies.  It was so wonderful to NOT CARE that I was missing out on a homemade delicious cake.  Eating that cookie was a gift.  Ronnie is working very hard to help us as we need it.  I think I baffle him sometimes with my rollercoasters, but he laughs with me a lot and seems to love all of us despite our flaws.

6. I'm making my first BIG turkey tomorrow.  I got a 17lb turkey for free at albertson's.  We didn't have room in our freezer so I thawed it.  I'm nervous.  I hope it turns out.  I'll safe the chicken for salads, etc.  I'll also try out the gravy recipe I found using droppings, broth, and arrow root.  It'll be preparation for Thanksgiving.

I found this 'dressing' recipe I'm going to make for thanksgiving.  Will it be easy?  Will it taste good?  I REALLY hope so.

Recipe: "Safe" Dressing 

Mom will still make all of the food I normally drooled over... stuffing, dumplings, etc.  She's Graciously not going to buy a pumpkin pie.  I told her to buy an apple pie instead.  I don't care if I miss that.  I DID find a pumpkin pie recipe, but I have yet to convince Jason to make it.  (I don't bake. lol)

Recipe: Pumpkin Pie


7.  I've stated a new 'rule' in this household.  The boys MUST say Three positive things about the person they were just mean to.  We're running into a wall because the boys do not know how to compliment anyone.  All Josh wants to do is say that he likes it when Jadon plays with him. lol  That baffles me because I am the QUEEN of affirmation.  I'm trying to figure out how to have that light bulb turn on for them.  It did bite me in the butt!  This morning the boys were in full fight mode.  We were running late getting Jadon to school. ALL I wanted was for them to STRAP THEMSELVES IN.  I finally said, "Shut your mouth and strap yourself in!!!"  Joshua's little voiced piped up, with full attitude on his face, and said, "Mom,  It's not nice to say "shut your mouth."  Say three nice things about me."  I confess I chuckled in shock and then quickly told him three things I love about him.


8. Best moment of my weekend?  I was driving the boys somewhere when Jadon piped up and said, "Mom.  You know what I love more then anything?"  I asked him what that was and he said, "You."  I actually teared up and choked back tears after that.  I expected him to say rainbows or colors.  Nope.  He said me.  :)

9. I have discovered that I DO Have Self Control.  I used to think I didn't.  It's made me pull on an inner strength that I didn't know I possessed.  It also helps me see that I Can have self control in areas I call 'weak' or 'struggles'.  It's been a great eye opener.  I am proud of myself.


10.  Please continue to keep all of us in your prayers.  We really need it. 

Jadon with school - finding a friend and focusing on what the teacher wants. 
Me - that I get freedom/healing/answers. 
Joshua - that his heart is protected, remains tender, as we figure out how to parent someone who can be so strong willed and even hateful at times.  
Jason - Patience.  Stamina.  Love. 
Ben: well... that he stays cute. :P

As always, pray that the Lord speaks to our hearts, minds, and continues to show us who God, our Father, is in the midst of daily life.

Oh and prayers that we could move to a bigger place... and even bigger town would be an added bonus. haha

Photobucke...t

No comments:

Post a Comment