As a New Years Resolution I decided to follow this website so that I can read my Bible in a year.
Today was day 2. I read Genesis 4-6 and Mathew 2. I thought I'd share my thoughts on what I read today.
I'm finding it very interesting how God created the heavens/stars/moon as a sign that points to seasons and a purpose. I don't plan on becoming an astrologer or anything, but .. yet again, the devil tried to pervert what God first created and ordained!
Secondly, has it ever bothered you that only one child is named in the geology in Gen 5? I can't help but feel for the others who were not 'important' enough to be mentioned by name. Every time I've ever read that I always feel my heart crying out, "Lord, don't let me be unmentionable."
Have you ever thought what Adam and Eve must have felt like when they lost both their sons? Man.
Also, Cain worked the ground and in his sin his judgment was to never work the ground again. His sin/choices cost him his relationship with God, his family, and the only work he ever knew. Yet, God still blessed his hands because it appears he built a city, had many children, and those children 'created' many things we still use. (although, they were created first in heaven)
Wouldn't it have been neat to see a Nephilium? My, how long they lived! It's interesting that God took Enoch when he was only 365. I wonder why God took him up so 'young.'
The waters were 270 feet above the highest mountain. I wonder if they felt like they could touch the sky/clouds!?! I wonder where all that water came from when it says, "the waters of the great deep burst forth" in Gen 7:11.
Your said, "Secondly, has it ever bothered you that only one child is named in the geology in Gen 5?"
ReplyDeleteThe Bible is about two things, Christ and God's redemption plan which is Christ crucified. Only the descendants of the Lord are the important ones.
Good Point. May I ask... who are you Pippin Took?
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading this blog post Jae! You have some really interesting questions and now I question the same things. I also wonder how they felt to live so long. I mentioned that to Lorne yesterday. Imagine living hundreds of years? I think I would get bored lol. And to only have water under you for a very long period of time must have been weird, but pretty fascinating all at the same time.
ReplyDeleteCool post!