An excerpt:
"Most of all, we discovered that contentment is a state of the heart, unaffected by outward circumstances.
Contentment is a choice. So choose today to bloom where you’re planted. Choose to make the most of whatever situation you find yourself in. Choose to stop focusing on what you don’t have and start being thankful for the many blessings you do have.
And remember, no matter what difficulties you might be dealing with today, somebody else would love to be in your shoes."
~~
I really found this to be profound. Contentment is a choice. What is the state of my heart? How can I change that?
I really need to remember this on days I'm blinded by myself and my circumstances.
I agree 100%! Its something I have really been trying to make an effort to embrace. Somedays I fail. But I can say, making an effort to make that choice has made a huge difference in my life.
ReplyDelete