Monday, January 10, 2011

Whew!

I've wanted to blog for a few days now, but it seems I've always been distracted with the house, kids, cleaning, or just being tired! :)

I had a really busy, but wonderful weekend.  Amy came down for three days so that she could see us and attend Shanessa's wedding.  She was a huge help as I worked in the background at Shanessa's wedding.  She was the jelly to my peanut butter. :P  I really enjoyed all that I did!  I really felt like I was in my element again.  I loved the adrenaline that pumped through my veins and being the one to make sure things happened.  I really need to find a way to jump back into that gifting of mine!

I packed up most of Joshua's 6 month clothes.  I kept a few 9-12 month pj's because they JUST fit.  I need them until I can get the rest of his 12 month clothes from mom's house (that'll happen on Tuesday) and buy more pj's.  Jadon's 12 month wardrobe seems to consist of spring/summer things.  It's still winter in Joshua's 12 month wardrobe world. haha

We ordered Joshua's new convertible carseat!  I'm very excited!  It's time!  I've had my heart set on the myride 65 for months now.  The safety features and price are just right.  Just today, as I looked at Walmart's website, I discovered they came out with a new material.  It's black and silver.  Love!  The price was perfect too!

I've been catching up on my daily bible reading.  I got a little behind with how busy I was this weekend.  I finished up Genesis and through Mathew 8.  I still have four chapters of Job to read and then I'm caught up.

Here are the few reflections I had as I read...
 
1. While reading about Sarah I was struck at the words that her period had CEASED. I've read that passage A LOT over the years and some how I never read that before! I just assumed, with their long lives, that she must have had her period still.  No wonder she laughed when they said she'd have a son in a year!
2. My heart went out to Leah. I found it VERY interesting that Leah followed God, but Rachel stole her dad's graven images. Maybe Leah was the one he should have been so devoted to! It broke my heart a little when he went before his brother, Esau, and put all the other children/wives first and Rachel/her boys last. When leah was the faithful one!

3. I always thought of Joseph in jail with the baker/other guy... like IN jail, but as I read it this time I read that he oversaw the jailers. God always raised him in rank - even in Jail.

4. It's always bothered me that Jesus granted the demon's wish to go into the swine.  Why do it when you know the pigs will drown?  Why not just send the demons to hell?  Yet, this time I was struck with the thought/disservice Jesus did to the man that owned those pigs!  I have to imagine that part, if not all, of their entire livelihood drowned that day. I wonder why Jesus didn't think about that before he granted the demon's request.  Even if the pigs were wild why sentence the pigs to death?  Was it because they were 'unclean'?  But still... within a few short years food won't be 'unclean' under the new law.  Jesus had to have known all that so why kill the pigs?

No comments:

Post a Comment