I can't believe I've been a believer 14 years and I'm just discovering that my walk with God isn't Just about Jesus. Yes, Jesus is important because He is the SON and the ONLY pathway to God, his Father. But Jesus ALWAYS pointed Everyone Back to the Father. Not to himself. I'm realizing that I don't just want to be a Friend of Jesus. I want to be a daughter to the most high God. I want to REALLY experience sonship. I want to be able to call myself a daughter. I don't want to be an orphan.
It's a trip to think that our natural life should mirror our spiritual life. We have parents (or should), marriage, and friends. The relationship we have with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is the same. God should be our father, Jesus should be our husband, and the Holy Spirits role is to be our friend.
I've always prayed to the Father becasue that's what scripture tells us to do, but subconsciously I always replaced God with "Jesus". Or I simply thought of Jesus as God. Part of that problem could be the fact that I was apart of a denomination that believe Jesus was all three. I'm realizing how wrong I was. I wasn't just wrong, but that belief, or lack of belief, was sabotating the very freedom and relationship I was crying out for.
I decided to start reading my bible (I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Olive Tree Bible Application) and highlight every verse that talked about God in purple. I'm floored!!! Has anyone else ever noticed how much Jesus talks about God?! How did I miss this?!
I came across John 5:22-23
"In addition, the Father jduges no one. Instead, he has given the son absolute authority to judge, so that everyone will honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him."
This verse stands out to me because I've always seen God as a Father, or dictator, ready to strike me with a stick when I sinned At one point, when I was in a cult, I was even told that God would strike me down because I operated in the spirit of Jezebel since I loved to minister more then I loved to submit.
Yet, this scripture clearly states that Jesus was given the absolute authority to judge. All this time I've seen God as a dictator who judges me and Failed me... when in reality He's the only one who has always Loved me. After all, God is love, right?
Ironically, because I've built a relationship and trust with Jesus, I don't believe He's failed me or wants to whack me with a stick. I believe Jesus loves me. I've actually mixed His role with the Holy Spirit.
I have a long way to go, but I'd like to think that it'll be shorter then I think once I submit myself to the Will of God. Some day I want to not only Call God "Father" with my mouth, but Live in a peaceful confidence knowledge that I AM a Daughter of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment